Looking for your next book to read? Don't worry - our team has A LIST of books to recommend to you. We've also included our own ways of cozying up while diving into a good book.
OUR #UOFUSAAM READING LIST
- Victims No Longer by Mike Lew
- Healing Sex by Staci Haines
- The Beginning and End of Rape by Sarah Deer
- I Never Called it Rape by Robin Warshaw
- Whatever Gets You Through by Jen Sookfong Lee
- Women, Race, and Class by Angela Y. Davis
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown
- Dispatches from Rape Culture edited by Roxanne Gay
- Sexual Violence on Campus by Chris Linder
FROM OUR ACES PEER HEALTH EDUCATORS
Into memoirs? Marina is too!
She loves to read with a nice warm drink and instrumental music.
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
- Educated by Tara Westover
- Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- I Suck at Girls by Justin Halpern
Pictured here is Shalini's recommendation of Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. She also recommendations hopping on Goodreads, a platform of the world's largest community of book lovers. There, you can track the books you've read and find more to add to your list.
It's all about the outdoor space!
Elnaz's recommendations are listed here:
- Circe by Madeline Miller
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- Prince of Mist by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- The Midnight Palace by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- A Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Have you seen The Goldfinch? It's also a book! Colton's recommendations includes a couple of Donna Tartt's publications. Pictured is his favorite reading spot: his bedroom.
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich
Marissa's reading rituals include drinking tea, doing face masks, and listening to Spotify's Lo-Fi Cafe playlist.
- Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom
- Call Me By Your Name - Andre Aciman
- Crazy Rich Asians - Kevin Kwan
- Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race - Reni Eddo-Lodge
- Seven Novels of Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice
Here, Maya is pictured with some of her favorite reads.
- De Colores Means All Of Us: Latina Views For A Multi-Colored Century by Elizabeth Martinez
- The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
- Missoula: Rape And The Justice System In A College Town by Jon Krakauer
- Caramelo by Sandra Cisneros
- Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder
We love a nice spot on the porch!
Cooper's list includes:
- Gumption by Nick Offerman
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- 101 Artists to Listen to Before You Die by by Ricardo Cavolo
- Watchmen by Alan Moore
- Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- Know My Name by Chanel Miller
And lastly, we have Johnny's! He recommends 'Mindset: The New Psychology of Success' by Carol Dweck
We hope you enjoy this list of scholarly and thoughtful list of publications of many genres. With all this free time, check one out today! Many are available on Amazon and Barnes and Nobel, but don't forget to call your local bookstore too to see if they have it in stock.