Student Health Advisory Committee
The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is composed of a group of students at the University of Utah, whose main purpose is to promote physical, social, emotional, intellectual, financial, environmental, and spiritual health on campus.
- SHAC members participate in all of the above and:
- Attend monthly meetings;.
- Plan and implement health promotion/education events.
- Complete Wellness Advocacy training.
- Actively engage and advocate for the wellness of their campus community.
- Educate students about basic health + wellness information.
- Conduct outreach by tabling and through social media of the CSW events and messages.
Requirements: Must attend monthly meetings, complete the Wellness Advocate Certificate, and commit a minimum of 5 hours of volunteering per month.
Interested in joining SHAC? Email our team to set up a meeting with us!
Interested in a becoming a peer health educator? Starting spring 2019 we will launch a new way to get involved with health + wellness on our campus. Students from all backgrounds, majors, and interest areas are welcome. Come to an information session to learn more!
Sept. 5th | 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM | Union, East Ballroom
Sept. 17th | 12:30 PM - 3:00 PM | ESLC, The HUB
Sessions start every 30 mins.
Applications open on Oct. 1.
Email Center for Student Wellness for more information on volunteering or if you would like an application.