Learn how health and wellness impact you and your fellow students. Our students engage in health promotion across campus, run our HIV/STD testing clinics, and help with outreach. Our student group meetings the 3rd Friday of each month from 2:00 - 3:00 PM in the ESLC HUB. Join us!
This is a minimal time commitment and volunteers help with basic wellness programming.
- Create condom bags, stress + sleep kits, and other health promotion items.
- Assist in the preperation and production out health education events (like our annual Wellness Fair!).
- Table for the Center for Student Wellness at events across campus.
Entrance process: Volunteers must fill out the general volunteering application.
SHAC Member Level
The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is composed of a group of students at the University of Utah, whose main purpose is to promote physical, social, emotional, intellectual, financial, environmental, and spiritual health on campus.
- SHAC members participate in all of the above and:
- Attend monthly meetings;.
- Plan and implement health promotion/education events.
- Complete Wellness Advocacy training.
- Actively engage and advocate for the wellness of their campus community.
- Educate students about basic health + wellness information.
- Conduct outreach by tabling and through social media of the CSW events and messages.
Entrance process: Volunteers must fill out the SHAC member volunteering application.
Requirements: Must attend monthly meetings and commit a minimum of 5 hours of volunteering per month.
Peer Educator Level
These volunteers are heavily involved in promoting wellness at the U of U! They are highly dedicated SHAC members who commit 10+ hours per month. You can begin working towards this level by first becoming involved in SHAC.
- Peer educators participate in all of the above and:
- Reach out and educate students through classroom presentations and programs.
- Provide HIV/STD risk-reduction counseling.
- Can participate in research opportunities.
- Attend trainings and complete certifications.
- Create awareness and educate campus around issues of sexual assault.
Email Center for Student Wellness for more information on volunteering or if you would like an application.