Stress typically deals with a person experiencing some type of physical, emotional, or mental tension. Over half of U of U students experience significant stress. Learn to cope today!
Recommendations on How to Manage Stress
- Eat well, and be physically active each day.
- Learn a method to relax, whether that’s breathing exercise, yoga, journaling, relaxing baths, reading, or whatever works for you.
- Meditate, or pray.
- Plan ahead. Make a plan for things you need to get done in the day.
- Set goals that are within reach.
- Create a realistic schedule for yourself.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it at work, school, or in life!
- Know your limits and don’t stretch yourself too thin.
Interested in learning more?
- Request a Stress Workshop facilitated by the Center for Student Wellness health educators.
- Come by the Center for Student Wellness and grab some resources + chat with a health educator.
- Meet with a Wellness Coach and create a personalized plan for your stress management.