Sex is a normal and natural part of being human. Everyone makes a personal decision about when they are ready to have sex; some relationships are casual and short term others are long-term. It is different for everyone. We hope, whenever you choose to become sexually active, you do it responsibly. Sexual responsibility is important for everyone to have a healthy and happy sex life.
Recommendations for Lower-Risk Sexual Activity
- Postpone sexual activity.
- Participate in lower risk sexual activities like mutual masturbation, or massaging.
- Educate yourself about sex and STD’s/HIV.
- Learn about available resources for education, screening and health services related to sexual health.
- Pick up a Safer Sex Kit (condoms, lubricant, testing information) in our office!
- Get tested. Free HIV and STD testing is offered on campus or in the community.
For more specific information on education, STD’s, and protection come visit us or explore these resources.
Interested in learning more?
- Request a Relationship and Sexual Health Workshop facilitated by Center for Student Wellness health educators.
- Come by the Center for Student Wellness to grab some resources and buy some condoms.
- Set up a 1:1 appointment with a health educator to talk about your sexual health.
- Visit a mobile testing clinic on campus.