THEM Ambassador Program
THEM ambassadors serve as student leaders in engaging men on campus in conversations surrounding masculinity, violence prevention, and mental health.
We are looking for undergraduate students who are:
- Interested in having discussions on a wide range of topics related to masculinity
- Have varied lived experiences in relation to race, gender, sexuality, religion, etc.
THEM ambassadors are encouraged to spend 12-15 hours/month engaging in activities including (but not limited to):
- Attend ongoing training on masculinity, violence prevention, and mental health
- Participate in discussions addressing masculinity, violence prevention, and mental health
- Advise and assist in content creation for the program
- Facilitate events in collaboration with Center for Campus Wellness and campus partners
- Increase engagement with men across campus
Each ambassador receives a $1,000 scholarship each academic year, paid in two installments (one in Fall, one in Spring).
Ambassadors are eligible to receive training in:
- Mental Health First Aid
- Men Can Stop Rape's Healthy Masculinity Training Institute
- QPR suicide prevention
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Applications for the 2022-2023 cohort are now closed.
For questions and more information, please contact Myra Gerst at email@example.com
Follow us @uofuwellness to stay up to date on events and recruitment!