Do you want to get involved with the Center for Campus Wellness? We encourage you to look into our THEM (Teaching Healthy Expressions of Masculinity) Ambassadors program!
THEM AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
THEM ambassadors for the Center for Campus Wellness serve as leaders in engaging men on campus in conversations surrounding masculinity, violence prevention, and mental health.
WHAT WE DO
THEM ambassadors meet in a collaborative setting and contribute to the planning, implementation, and evaluation of programs and events hosted by the Men's Engagement Program. Throughout the year, THEM ambassadors receive training on topics around power and privilege, self-compassion and mental health, bystander intervention, and how each intersects with masculinity. THEM ambassadors are encouraged to bring new ideas to the table, share the program with their peers, and work towards creating a campus that is more inclusive to all expressions of masculinity.
THEM AMBASSADOR APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
Applications are now closed. If you have questions about the program, please contact Myra Gerst at email@example.com.
THEM ambassadors are encouraged to spend 12-15 hours/month engaging in activities including (but not limited to):
- Attend ongoing training on masculinity, violence prevention, and mental health
- Participate in discussions addressing masculinity, violence prevention, and mental health
- Advise and assist in content creation for the program
- Facilitate events in collaboration with Center for Campus Wellness and campus partners
- Increase engagement with men across campus
We are looking for undergraduate students who are:
- Interested in having discussions on a wide range of topics related to masculinity
- Have a wide background of lived experiences as it relates to race, gender, sexuality, religion, etc.
- Available to be an ambassador for both Fall and Spring semesters
- Available for weekly meetings and fall training (week before Fall semester begins)