Spice up your resume! Impress your friends! Find a date...maybe! Volunteer with the Center for Student Wellness!! Learn more about health and wellness issues that impact you and your fellow students. We have 3 levels of volunteering to fit your needs. By getting involved you can help participate in service projects, promote health care issues to students on campus, provide HIV/STD counseling, outreach efforts and more.
This is a minimal time commitment and volunteers help with basic wellness programming.
- Volunteers help:
- Create condom packets
- Carry out health events like the Wellness Fair
- Promote the Center for Student Wellness services, events and more!
Entrance process: Volunteers must fill out the general volunteering application.
SHAC Member Level
The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is composed of a group of students at the University of Utah, whose main purpose is to promote physical, social, emotional, intellectual, financial, environmental, and spiritual health on campus. SHAC members commit 5-10 hours per month.
- SHAC members participate in all of the above and:
- Plan and implement events
- Disseminate awareness and education around wellness topics
- Educate students about basic health information
- Utilize social media to spread the word about wellness
Entrance process: Volunteers must fill out the SHAC member volunteering application.
Requirements: Must attend monthly meetings per semester (one excused absence) and commit a minimum of 5 hours of volunteering per month.
Peer Educator Level
These volunteers are heavily involved in promoting wellness at the U of U! They are highly dedicated SHAC members who commit 10+ hours per month. You can begin working towards this level by first becoming involved in SHAC.
- Peer educators participate in all of the above and:
- Reach out and educate students through classroom presentations and programs
- Provide HIV/STD test counseling
- Attend conferences
- Can participate in research opportunities
- Attend trainings and complete certifications
- Learn about bystander intervention training
- Create awareness and educate campus around issues of sexual assault
Email Center for Student Wellness for more information on volunteering or if you would like an application.